We reserve the right at any time to:
- Change the terms and conditions of this Agreement;
- Change the Site, including eliminating or discontinuing any content on or feature of the Site; or
- Change any fees or charges for use of the Site.
Any changes we make will be effective immediately upon notice, which we may provide by means including, without limitation, posting on the Site or electronic mail. Your continued use of the Site following such changes will be deemed acceptance of such changes. Be sure to return to this page periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version of this Agreement.
- Applications and Related Materials
- The MetaLend website and application service and related materials provided through the Site, including any data, text, graphics, images, audio and video clips, logos, icons and links (collectively, the “Materials”), are intended to educate and inform you about Site itself. Unless otherwise specified on the Site, you may download the various applications accessible through the Site pursuant to the terms and conditions of the License Agreement for MetaLend (“License Agreement”) displayed on the www.meta-lend.com site. You must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices on downloaded and copied Materials, and any such downloads or copies are subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and aforementioned License Agreement. Further, the Materials remain the property of the MetaLend or its licensors or suppliers. Use or downloading of the Materials is conditioned on acceptance of the terms and conditions of the license agreements relating to such Materials, including agreements of third parties. By acquiring or using the Materials, you agree to such terms and conditions. You may not download, copy or use any of the Materials except as expressly authorized and, in any event, you may not distribute, modify, transmit or publicly display the Materials except as permitted by the License Agreement or, if so indicated in writing by the MetaLend, its licensors or suppliers.
As part of the registration process, you will be asked to select a username and password. We may refuse to grant you a username that impersonates someone else, is or may be illegal, is or may be protected by trademark or other proprietary rights law, is vulgar or otherwise offensive, or may cause confusion, as determined by us in our sole discretion. You will be responsible for the confidentiality and use of your username and password and agree not to transfer or resell your use of or access to the Site to any third party. If you have reason to believe that your account with us is no longer secure, you must promptly change your password by visiting www.Scholarful.com and immediately notify us of the problem. YOU ARE ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD AND FOR ANY AND ALL ACTIVITIES (INCLUDING PURCHASES, AS APPLICABLE) THAT ARE CONDUCTED THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT.
- Code of Conduct
- While using the Site or Materials, you agree not to:
- Restrict or inhibit any other visitor, user or member from using the Site, including, without limitation, by means of “hacking” or defacing any portion of the Site;
- Use the Site or Materials for any unlawful purpose;
- Use the Site or Materials to engage in any act of fraud, misrepresentation or other unethical behavior;
- Create more than one student admission account or more than one student transfer account, while registering on the Site;
- Express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us, without our prior written consent;
- Transmit (a) any content or information that is unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, libellous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable, or infringes our or any third party’s intellectual property or other rights; (b) any material, non-public information about companies without the authorization to do so; (c) any trade secret of any third party; or (d) any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or other unsolicited commercial communication (except as otherwise expressly permitted by us);
- Engage in spamming or flooding;
- Transmit any software or other materials that contain any viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects, date bombs, time bombs or other items of a destructive nature;
- Modify, adapt, sub-license, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site or Materials;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in the Site or Materials;
- “Frame” or “mirror” any part of the Site without our prior written authorization;
- Link to any page of or content on the Site other than the URL located at http://www.Scholarful.com;
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site or its contents; or
- Harvest or collect information about Site visitors or members without their express consent.
- While using the Site or Materials, you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Submissions and Postings
- By sending or transmitting to us creative suggestions, ideas, notes, concepts, information or other materials (collectively, “Submissions”), or by posting such Submissions to any area of the Site, you grant us and our designees a worldwide, non-exclusive, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers), assignable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right to use, reproduce, distribute (through multiple tiers), create derivative works of, publicly perform, publicly display, digitally perform, make, have made, sell, offer for sale and import such Submissions in any media now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose whatsoever, without compensation to the provider of the Submissions. None of the Submissions will be subject to any obligation, whether of confidentiality, attribution or otherwise, on our part and we will not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Submissions.
- Applying to Scholarships
- The Site allows you to apply to scholarships listed by external Scholarship Providers using the one-click-apply OR Quick-apply OR easy-apply OR Apply-on behalf-of features of the website. These external websites or scholarships are not owned or operated by MetaLend. The MetaLend has not reviewed all the Scholarship Providers and their web sites that are or may be linked to the Site, and The MetaLend has no control over such sites. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, the MetaLend is not responsible for business practices of these Scholarship Providers, the content of such web sites, any updates or changes to such sites, or the privacy or other practices of such sites, and the fact that the MetaLend offers such links does not indicate any approval or endorsement of any material contained on any linked site. The MetaLend is providing these features (One-click apply, Easy Apply, Apply-on-behalf-of, or Quick Apply) to you only as a convenience. Accordingly, we strongly encourage you to become familiar with the terms and conditions or all the Scholarship providers before you apply.
- Claims of Copyright Infringement
- The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by the MetaLend infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. The notice must include the following information: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works located on the Site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works); (c) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow the MetaLend to locate the material on the Site; (d) the name, address, telephone number and email address (if available) of the complaining party; (e) a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed by the MetaLend against you, the DMCA permits you to send the Scholarful a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see http://www.loc.gov/copyright/ for details. Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Site should be sent to CT Corporation System, 4701 Cox Rd, Glen Allen, VA 23060-6802. We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice. Also, be aware that there can be penalties for false claims under the DMCA.
- Ownership and Restrictions on Use
- The Site is owned and operated by the MetaLend in conjunction with others pursuant to contractual arrangements, and the Materials (and any intellectual property and other rights relating thereto) are and will remain the property of the MetaLend or its licensors or suppliers. The Materials and the selection, compilation, collection, arrangement and assembly thereof are protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark and other laws, and you acknowledge that these rights are valid and enforceable. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute Materials or other content or information available on or through the Site in any way without our prior written permission. The Materials may be used solely to the extent necessary for your authorized use of the Site, as provided in this Agreement or as expressly authorized in writing by the MetaLend or, if so indicated in writing by the MetaLend, it’s licensors or suppliers. Modification of the Materials or use of the Materials for any other purpose is a violation of our copyright and other proprietary rights and is strictly prohibited. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by using the Site or the Materials.
The trademarks, logos, and service marks displayed on the Site such as MetaLend, among others (collectively the “Trademarks”) are the registered or unregistered trade or service marks of the MetaLend. The Trademarks owned by the MetaLend, whether registered or unregistered, may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not the MetaLend’s, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion with customers, or in any manner that disparages the MetaLend. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark without the express written permission of the MetaLend or the third-party owner of any such Trademark. Misuse of any Trademarks is prohibited, and the MetaLend will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights in such Trademarks, including via civil and criminal proceedings.
- Jurisdictional Issues
- Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
We reserve the right to limit the availability of the Site and/or the provision of any service described thereon to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction, at any time and in our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any such service that we provide.
- This Agreement shall remain effective until terminated in accordance with its terms. Either party may terminate this Agreement immediately upon notice to the other party. In addition, we reserve the right to immediately terminate this Agreement, and/or your access to and use of the Site or any portion thereof, at any time and for any reason, with or without cause. Upon termination of this Agreement by either party, your right to use the Site shall immediately cease, and you shall destroy all Materials obtained from the Site and all copies thereof, whether made under the terms of this Agreement or otherwise.
- THE SITE, THE MATERIALS ON THE SITE, ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, THE METALEND AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, SPONSORS AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you. THE METALEND AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, SPONSORS AND AGENTS DO NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE OR SECURE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER(S) ON WHICH THE SITE IS HOSTED ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING AND MAINTAINING ALL TELEPHONE, COMPUTER HARDWARE AND OTHER EQUIPMENT NEEDED TO ACCESS AND USE THE SITE, AND ALL CHARGES RELATED THERETO. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND YOUR RELIANCE THEREON. NO OPINION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT OF THE METALEND OR ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, SPONSORS, AGENTS, MEMBERS OR VISITORS, WHETHER MADE ON THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY. YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE ARE ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Limitation of Liability
- NEITHER THE METALEND NOR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS OR SPONSORS, NOR OUR OR THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AGENTS OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES, ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER, APPLICANT, STUDENT COUNSELLOR, HIGH SCHOOL, NOR THE USE OR MISUSE BY ANY SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER, APPLICANT, STUDENT COUNSELLOR, HIGH SCHOOL OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED ON-LINE AND ACCESSED BY ANY SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER, APPLICANT, STUDENT COUNSELLOR, HIGH SCHOOL, NOR FOR ANY DELAY, REJECTION OR OTHER OUTCOME RESULTING FROM THE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS OF ANY SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER NOR THE USE OF ANY THIRD PARTY PRODUCT, SERVICE OR TOOL, NOR FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOST PROFITS), UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE AND/OR MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THE SITE OR ANY LINKED SITE OR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE PURCHASED THROUGH THE SITE OR FOR ANY THIRD PARTY PRODUCT, SERVICE OR TOOL USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE SITE. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE, MATERIALS OR ANY LINKED SITE OR THIRD PARTY PRODUCT, SERVICE OR TOOL IS TO STOP USING THE SITE, MATERIALS OR LINKED SITE OR THIRD PARTY PRODUCT, SERVICE OR TOOL, AS APPLICABLE. THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO THE METALEND FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, SHALL BE THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, TO ACCESS THE SITE. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- The Site is provided by MetaLend, Inc. through its service provider. If you have any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Agreement or the Site, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the New York, United States of America, without regards to its principles of conflicts of law. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This is the entire Agreement between us relating to the subject matter herein and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral Agreements between us with respect to such subject matter. This Agreement is not assignable, transferable or sub-licensable by you except with the MetaLend’s prior written consent. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. Any heading, caption or section title contained in this Agreement is inserted only as a matter of convenience and in no way defines or explains any section or provision hereof.